- Got a date in mind? Check the date and time availability here: http://orangeeaselart.com/calendar.html
We update that calendar every day, Monday through Friday
- To get the ball rolling on booking a party, you'll need to fill out THIS form:
- Our ORANGE EASEL staff returns phone calls and emails regarding parties during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. On the weekends, we focused SOLELY on the parties that we have scheduled those days.
- Yes, we will throw paint at our parties
- Yes, it is washable.
- We provide the digital invitations. Print them or send them digitally. Totally up to you.
- Bring in any food you'd like. Simpler is better.
- Decorations are allowed as long as they don't interfere with the art (did I mention that we throw paint?)
- Prices and packages are listed HERE
What are they going to paint?
Our instructors emphasize the role and power of an artist. We will TEACH art skills such as color mixing, applying paint, washing the brush, etc. We will discuss subject matters, design decisions, and final composition. We will use art vocabulary like foreground and background and focal point.
We will NOT do a step-by-step guided painting.
Well, to be honest, it's a personal belief. We believe that it's not the BEST way to teach art to young artists.
And we want what is BEST for them.
A step-by-step painting may yield "better" paintings. That's true. But, our objective is not the finished product. Our objective is the value of the PROCESS. Our objective is the creation. Our objective is the confidence-building. We want to keep them as ARTISTS.
Too many adults believe that they can't draw because they spent their childhood making "ART" that was supposed to look like a teacher's example! We're going to change that with this generation! With every opportunity that we can. No teacher examples. Just ideas. Just inspiration. Just support.